WESM Blantyre Branch carries out a variety of environmental education activities with concerned stakeholders.
Activities In Summary
- WESM Blantyre branch successfully recruited clubs in all schools around MUST at Goliati zone, prepared a workshop training with the head teachers, club patrons and Matrons and facilitated in forming the Goliati zone wildlife committee.
- Trained and is still training different school, community and faith-based wildlife clubs on Wildlife and climate change management including impacting leadership skills at club level and beyond.
- Holding wildlife talks and presentations on environmental education as a tool of communication and beyond to different wildlife clubs within Blantyre urban and rural. WESM Blantyre branch still publishes different EE learning materials in order to ease the knowledge gap and impact knowledge on the issues to do with the environment and conservation
- The Blantyre branch still represents WESM in different meetings and committees e.g., DEC, JLC, BCC, Education etc. And has good and strong relationships with Blantyre CSO’s networks and works corroboratively with them that includes even traditional leaders.
- Facilitating bee keeping activities and trainings
- The branch conducted and facilitated a quiz night
- Conducting monthly environmental talks
The following pictures illustrate recent activities.